Psoriasis ─ skin disease, which is chronic. It is expressed in appear on the skin the swollen spots (papules), with a bright red color. Because this disease is quite common, to every one, it's helpful to know that you will receive the psoriasis, what are their symptoms and treatments. These important questions, article.
The cause of psoriasis
The modern medicine considers psoriasis as a failure of the system in the body, and not as a single disease. In addition to eruptions on the skin, patients are diagnosed violation of the functioning of other organs, more frequently suffer from endocrine, as well as the nervous and the immune system.
Simple answer to the question, why it occurs and psoriasis, the science has not yet. There are several major theories, which adhere to the medical. Consider them.
Recognized by many doctors theory says that the main reason for the development of psoriasis ─ dysfunction of the immune system. Papules are formed in the body as a result of the aggression auto-immune: due to problems in the functioning of the immune system perceives the cells of the skin as an alien, therefore, catalytic ejects them.
There are very established ─ psoriasis often develops in the midst of infectious diseases (sinusitis, tonsillitis). It is a powerful argument in favor of that is a dysfunction of the immune system, to cause the disease. Exploring flakes papules, scientists have discovered that in their composition are present antigenic complexes, featureless to healthy cells. The blood contains antigens to the complex, which causes the rejection.
The reduction of the immunity, without doubt, causes the development of psoriasis. But it is important to take into account many other factors.
The predisposition to the development of psoriasis is inherited. It is not a disease but it is a predisposition. This confirms the fact that statistics ─ 55-60% of people who suffer from psoriasis, there are blood relatives with the same diagnosis. When you are sick, one of the parents, the probability that the child is presented with this disease ─ 25% if both parents ─ the risk increases to 75%. It is proven that the appearance of the disease has a direct relationship with the phase of chromosomes, determines the level of inflammatory reaction of the skin. However, a genetic predisposition doctors do not believe that the main cause of the development of the disease.
Some nations have resistance to psoriasis. This category includes the indians living in the Andes, the eskimos. Their representatives have a set of genetic traits and, therefore, never suffer from this disease.
According to the endocrine, the theory of the emergence of psoriasis cause hormonal disturbances. Similar according to the doctors, came, after analyzing the characteristics of the occurrence of the disease. In his opinion, the excess of products from skin cells - a result of the violation of the regulation of the function caused by a dysfunction of the endocrine system.
In favor endocrine theory shows that, during the peaks, the hormone in women (ovulation, menstruation), as well as in the period of pregnancy the psoriasis manifests itself more active. However, scientists were unable to identify a hormone that directly affects the education and the leak of psoriasis, therefore, this theory is not considered fundamental.
One of the most new theories ─ neurogenic. She says that psoriasis ─ disease of the nerves, and she has psychological causes. Causes the development of neurosis (vasomotor). It leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, the weakening of the vascularization of the skin and the formation of papules.
Studies have shown that the strong sensations, tensions, shocks, nervous stimulate the formation and development of skin rashes. This is the main proof of the theory neurogênica.
Some doctors are of the opinion that the psoriasis of the leather develops due to an infection. Actually, in the period of infectious diseases papules appear with more frequency changes are observed in the lymph nodes (peripheral). But it is likely that the result immune weaken the body. Throughout the history of the research of the disease was not identified the virus, causing the development of psoriasis.
The doctors never registered cases of contact infection of this disease, even after a transfusion of blood of a healthy person is infected). Therefore, a theory of the cause of many doubts. In modern medicine, psoriasis is identified as a non-contagious disease.
Violation of exchange processes
When the psoriasis, many patients are diagnosed at lower temperature and higher concentration of cholesterol and signs of metabolic disorders. Can still occur a violation of share of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates. This was revealed the full result of the examinations of patients who suffer from psoriasis, and gave the reason to assume that violation of exchange processes lead to the development of the disease.
Factors that trigger the occurrence of psoriasis
To understand where and for what reasons you receive the psoriasis, the need to delineate a circle of factors, which, with high probability can be the cause of their development. These include:
- Negative experiences, stress, mental trauma, physical and emotional, excess of work, often are the cause of the appearance of the papules, the recurrence of the disease.
- Infectious diseases, chronic foci of infection, vaccination.
- Hormonal changes, especially in women in the period of puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause.
- Physical skin injury ─ burns, bites, burns, scratches.
- Some medicines ─ antibiotics, vitamin complex, rich in vitamins A, b, c, Immunostimulants, herbs.
- Poor food ─ excess in the diet of sweet, fatty, the roast, the consumption of alcohol.
- Climate change ─ especially unfavourable to people with tendency to psoriasis, regions with humid climates, extremes of temperature.
- The presence of other dermatological diseases ─ dermatitis, fungal diseases.
The reason for the development of psoriasis can become each one of the above factors. People who earlier suffered from the disease, it is the maximum penalty to limit its impact, in order to minimize the risk of recurrence.
The symptoms of psoriasis – how to receive
The risk of the onset of psoriasis is absolutely at any age. It happens in children (even babies), and elderly people. The sooner the disease develops, how much more if your computer is running form changes.
The first signs of psoriasis:
- the education on the surface of the skin, cracks, itching (pustular);
- delamination nail plate;
- blisters on the palms of the hands and feet;
- the rapid death of cells of the skin, its shell strong;
- the formation of papules on the skin ─ convex patches of red, itchy and are covered by scales white.
With the development of the disease size and number of papules increases. Its size may exceed 10 cm. land that is covered with rashes, the skin becomes very sensitive, follicle-if the coverage is maintained. The application of moisturizers money does not help, the skin does not decrease.
Regardless of where psoriasis, highlight several ways:
- Simple (vulgar) ─ is located in the legs, especially on the upper surface of the knees. Papules covered with thick scales white.
- Dermatitis ─ occurs in people who suffer from in seborrhea. It is characterized by papules yellowish flakes that are glued together sebum. They are not inflamed.
- Arthropathy ─ papules are formed in place of the joints, the more often you stop and brushes. The disease limits his mobility.
- Exudative ─ yellowish spots appear on the hands and feet, usually on the outside of the elbows and knees.
- Pustular ─ accompanied by a bad well-being, the increase of the temperature. In painful places, often appear pustules.
- Psoriasis of soles and palms of the hands ─ it is made up primarily of people involved with the legwork. Impressed with the palm of the hand and the sole at the same time.
- Rewind ─ papules appear in the large folds of the body (natural). This form of psoriasis is often accompanied by endocrine diseases diseases.
- Guttate ─ education eruptions smaller, teardrop-classic shape with feet and trunk. You can get in your head.
- Psoriasis of the nails ─ is located in the nails and a board, leads to their thickening, deformation. Dead on the nails resemble the shape of a bird beak.
- Psoriatic erythroderma ─ the severe form of the disease, which includes the gradual progression of psoriasis, the fusion of plates. Particularly in the cases they can cover the entire surface of the body. Accompanied by a process of peeling, swelling, redness, itching, bad well-being.
There are three stages of psoriasis:
- Progressing ─ appear bright red precipitation of small dimensions. For them, characterized by a peripheral growth. It is important to you in a timely manner to start the treatment and avoid skin injury, otherwise, the disease will progress quickly.
- Fixed ─ new eruptions do not appear, and stops growing.
- The regression ─ papules on the page of his agency, decrease of size, the rind is stopped.
For the diagnosis of psoriasis is used for visual inspection, laboratory testing and microscopy. The main difference of this disease from other dermatitis ─ at the moment of truth, papules separates the film, and on the site of an open wound appear drops of blood, similar to dew.
The treatment of psoriasis
Psoriasis ─ chronic disease, which is difficult to treat. Many times, there is a recurrence (even after a long remission). The main goal of treatment ─ the disappearance of rashes. In the process of therapy in all patients is required an individual approach, taking into account the development patterns of the disease related to the disease, patterns of recurrence.
The main methods of treatment of psoriasis:
- the ointment in fat, lanolin base;
- the tar (juniper, pine);
- medicines oil (naphthalene);
- the ointment containing mustard;
- hormonal ointment ─ assigned to the progressive stage.
- vitamin complexes;
- neuroleptics, tranquilizers;
- sleeping pills;
- anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial medications;
- stimulants of metabolism, biostimulants;
- the immuno-pharmacological tools.
- laser therapy;
- selective phototherapy;
- radiation therapy;
- PUVA therapy;
- therapy ultrasonic;
- the magnetic therapy;
- the hyperthermia;
To select an effective method of treatment, the doctor into consideration the state of the patient, the stage of the disease, the location of the rash and other factors.
In the state of a person who suffers from psoriasis, the positive impact has a proper nutrition. The diet must be simple, rich in vitamins and varied. It is recommended to diet and the practice of holding days of fasting (kefir, meat, seeds, apple, vegetables).
Exclude from the diet need spicy, sweet, fried, smoked dishes. It must also not be consumed products, pickled mushrooms, ice cream, coffee, carbonated drinks.
Psoriasis is not spread from contact. However, the reasons for their emergence and development are so varied that, in the group of risk can, theoretically, be of each person. Therefore, it is important to careful with your health, protect the skin from injury, burns, dryness, strengthen the immunity. You should also eat properly, not abusing alcohol, medical drugs and avoid stressful situations.