Psoriasis is a skin disease, which appear in red, peeling patches, covered in silvery scales that cause itching.
Normally the psoriasis manifests itself in the age group of 20 to 30 years and is often hereditary. Psoriasis is not contagious. Even an easy way to psoriasis can cause serious psychological problems: low self-esteem, the feeling of shame and social isolation. Die psoriasis is not possible, however, the impact of the disease on a person's life very seriously.
The reasons for the development of psoriasis
The exact causes of the appearance of psoriasis are not yet known, but it is more likely that the psoriasis is associated with the following factors:
- very active division of the cells of the skin (10 times higher than normal), which results in elevated slabs and peeling of the top layer of the skin;
- the stress;
- decreased immunity after the disease.
The symptoms of psoriasis
We recommend that you contact your doctor immediately if the occurrence of the following symptoms:
- red bulging of the point (plate), covered dry white or silvery scales. The spots usually appear on the elbows and knees, however, the irritation can be in any part of the body: skin, head, hands, nails, and face. In some cases, from the point itchy;
- deformed, layer nails;
- strong exfoliate the dead skin cells (think dandruff);
- blisters on the palms of the hands and feet, pain cracks in the skin.
- arthritis (joint inflammation) in severe cases;
- depression is associated with low self-esteem.
What you can do
You should contact your doctor and comply with their recommendations. You can also stay in the sun for 15 to 30 minutes each day, not drinking alcohol, avoid stress, lead a healthy life, control weight.
What can do the doctor
Explain the state, to provide information and give suggestions. Consult cream, ointment, or another tool for the treatment of psoriasis (for example, medicines containing tar). Prescribe medication required. Recommend some specific methods of treatment (treatment ultraviolet PUVA).