At this stage of the development of medicine to cure the psoriasis is to always until it is impossible, because the mechanisms of their occurrence and the manifestations of studied it is not enough. This disease has the chronic nature. This means that, in periods of remission change conditions. If you choose the course of treatment and observe it, it will be possible to maximize remission and minimize the number of exacerbations. This question is required exclusively professional approach. At the first sign of the development of the disease, immediately contact a doctor.
The danger of psoriasis
The view that psoriasis of the leather brings only discomfort aesthetic mistakenly. The danger of this disease to the whole organism can not be underestimated. The disease is systemic in nature, and this means that it attacks all the internal organs.
Psoriasis triggered by failures in the functioning of the immune system. If you do not start timely treatment, which implies a whopping complications: psoriasis of the nails can cause warping and loss of the nail plate;
- develop the disease of the liver, of the kidneys;
- catch appear not only in body, but in the mucosa, they can be located in the bladder, the urethra, which causes cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis;
- worsens the state of the joints, thereafter, occurs the psoriatic arthritis;
- there is a risk of injury to the nervous system, sometimes in the middle of the psoriasis develop polyneuritis, seizures, encephalopathy;
- the enlargement and inflammation of the lymph node;
- heart problems;
- eye disease, conjunctivitis, lumbos lens;
- Palmar-plantar psoriasis is accompanied by armbar syndrome, therefore, the man is difficult to walk, the manipulation with the hands.
Psoriatic papules may appear on any part of the body. More often that, first, they are formed in your elbows, knees. Regardless of the specific location and characteristics of symptoms, the disease is classified into different types.
Hormonal and non-hormonal therapy in the treatment of psoriasis
The healing of psoriasis, using hormonal and non-hormonal therapy. Each of these methods has advantages and disadvantages, and applications of resources.
In the initial phase of the doctors who prescribe a non-hormonal drug. They act more slowly, so, take a long course of treatment. With their help, you'll be able to eliminate uncomfortable symptoms that accompany the disease. They resolve the itch, moisturize the skin, contribute to the healing of wounds. Such medicines are suitable for the treatment of children.
In the execution of forms, or when the non-hormonal medicines has not improved the condition of the patient, assigned to hormone replacement therapy. It provides for the application of corticosteroids produced in the body, and the adrenal cortex. Your main task is to normalize the metabolism.
In the treatment of psoriasis use 2 sub-types of hormones:
Glucocorticoid to normalize the glucose exchange. To this group belong cortisone, hydrocortisone.
Mineralocorticoids of normalizing the services of minerals, especially calcium, sodium and potassium. The main representative is aldosterone high.
The main advantage of hormone replacement therapy, this approach helps to heal the symptoms of psoriasis. But these medicines have very active in your body, which implies a number of side effects. This goes for both pills and ointments. The hormones contained in the media for external use, absorbed into the skin, penetrate the blood sent through the body.
Complications that can lead to hormone replacement therapy:
the development of diabetes than one type;
the deposition of salts in the joints, arthritis;
the reduction in the level of production of potassium salts, supporting the work of the heart;
increase in blood pressure; swelling of the face and body; increase the level of cholesterol;
renal dysfunction, liver; failure of the menstrual cycle;
the increased blood coagulation, thrombosis;
neurological disorders; deterioration of the skin;
speed dial, body mass, obesity.
Hormone therapy can use only on the appointment of the doctor, just keeping assigned dose and not exceeding the treatment course. The applied dose of the medicines should gradually decrease.
Never do self-medication, using drugs hormonal. They is strictly against-indicated in pregnant women and lactating mothers. It is important to consider that some hormonal medication very slowly eliminated from the body, therefore, if since hormone replacement therapy is less than 2 years of age, there is the risk of pathologies of the fetal development.
Regardless of the stage and severity of disease progression for the treatment of psoriasis is chosen monotherapy (provides for the allocation of 1. of medicine) or the use of multiple tools. When you need to cure psoriasis a chronic, usually combine medications internal therapy, which include pills, injections, medicines abroad, of shares of ointment, lotions, creams, shampoos and medicinal. A closer look drugs effective in the treatment of different stages of the psoriasis.
Medicines for internal application
Get rid of psoriasis can help:
Pill and injection, indicated in the acute period of the disease. They minimize the itching and have a sedative effect, normalizing the functioning of the nervous system. Very effective anti-histaminic drugs of new generation. Use it when the normal sleep of a patient.
Reduce the activity and pathological process of cell division, which improves the appearance of the skin, contributes to the extinction of the papules.
Improves the condition of skin with psoriasis. It is a derivative of the vitamin, And take them need care. Are against-indicated during the period of pregnancy planning, as well as during the gestation of the fetus.
To effectively clean the body of toxins, which is a priority in the treatment of psoriasis, especially when the disease progresses
In the midst of psoriasis develop infectious diseases, are attributed to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Macrolides, Interferon.
Are required, when psoriasis is accompanied by disturbances of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract
Normalize the functioning of T lymphocytes, which play a fundamental role in the development of psoriasis. Such drugs, such as Cyclosporine-a and Sandimmune prevent the T lymphocytes aggressively affect the healthy cells of the skin.
It is important to consider that about toxic, therefore, apply only to the appointment of a doctor.
This non-steroidal medicines. They film the inflammatory processes and to deny or minimize the pain.
The modern development of pharmacovigilance in the industry. They normalize the activity of T lymphocytes, but they depress the immune system. The man becomes susceptible to viruses, infections.
In addition, you need to take vitamin complexes.
Medicines for external use
In the initial phase of psoriasis is easy to cure special ointments and creams. When the severe form of the disease, they are an essential part of adjuvant therapy, because it allows you to maximize and quickly correct the symptoms, have a direct influence on the psoriatic papules.
The most effective medicines:
Hormonal ointment and cream
Due to the contents of hormones act after several applications. Your prescribed sharp period of occurrence of the disease, to reduce inflammation, peeling, itching, suppress the excessive growth of skin cells.
Hormonal medication have the same intensity and effects on the body. In this dimension, they are divided into 4 classes:
- Class I - contains low concentration of hormones, attributed to the small number of papules, especially when they are in areas of the body with a delicate skin (face, groin);
- Class II reduces the permeability of blood vessels, eliminate swelling, itching, inflammation.
- III class - I work actively, quickly eliminating the chronic manifestations of psoriasis;
- IV class - refer to the most active hormonal medications that help when more implementation of forms of psoriasis. Its active ingredients quickly penetrate deep into the skin
The maximum duration of treatment hormonal drugs 7-14 days gradual reduction of the dose, otherwise, there will be a dependency on the drug.
non-hormonal ointment and cream
Improves the state of skin, minimizes the uneasy feelings that accompany psoriasis. The main types of these drugs:
- tar are manufactured with base in birch, pine tar, effectively struggling with burning on the skin, stop abnormal cell division, these drugs include the ointment of Greatness, and also intraalveolar ointment indifferent act superficially, to moisturize and soften the skin, being assigned to the progressive phase of the disease, to this group belong salicylic acid, as well as the zinc ointment;
- ointment with solidol are manufactured based on solidol, smooth out the surface of the skin, activates renewal of the epidermis cells, have an anti-septic and analgesic effect; ointment with a content of vitamins activate the metabolism, improves the condition of the skin;
- ointments that contain petroleum relieve the pain sensation, itchy, activate exfoliate psoriatic papules;
- ointment with mustard apply in fixed and withdrawal stages of the disease
Benefits non-hormonal ointments they do not cause dependence, does not affect the operation of the endocrine system and other internal organs, compatible with other medicines.
Therapeutic shampoos to cure psoriasis of the scalp.
Boasting a complex activity, they deny the unpleasant sensations, stimulate the healing process papules, help the skin to recover. The main varieties of shampoos:
- antifungals - solve with the surface of the skin covering the fungus, relieve itching, flaking;
- tar - contain tar, which clears the skin of dead cells, eliminates the itching, relieves the inflammation;
- healing - contain Ichthyol, salicylic acid, zinc, contributing to the healing of papules, enable the reconstruction processes of the skin;
- free - contain a part of a small concentration of the treatment components, so that are assigned to the prevention of the occurrence of psoriasis, and not for the treatment;
- children - are designed for the treatment of psoriasis, the child has, therefore, been produced from a maximum of natural components, does not contain chemicals, odorant.
The adhesive of psoriasis
A new tool, which is pasted on the affected skin. Composed of oil, borneol, fluocinonide, which guarantee the absence of allergy, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect
Physical therapy treatment
In the treatment of all types of psoriasis, high efficiency, demonstrate physical therapy treatment. The conduct can only be the stage of the disease. In the acute period of physical therapy is not used.
We consider the most popular procedures:
- The UV radiation is dependent on the square of skin injury, applies to the zonal or total irradiation. Is not used in the treatment of summer psoriasis. The number and duration of procedures is defined individually.
- Electric has a sedative effect, normalizes the activity of the nervous system. Speeds up the process of healing papules. Held from 8 to 10 procedures 20-60 minutes.
- Selective phototherapy (With. F. T) affected psoriasis, patches of skin, exposed to waves of length of 310-340 nm. Promotes a long remission. The duration of treatment is determined individually.
- PUVA therapy is assigned, when the worst phase of psoriasis to be surprised with large areas of the skin. The essence of the procedure, the patients are inside photosensitizers, and then pass the UV irradiation of wave length 320-400 nm. Need to spend up to 25 sessions. It is possible the occurrence of side-effects dryness, itching, redness, skin pigmentation, nausea, hepatitis.
- Radiation affected epidermis exposed to ultra-soft or soft rays. This eliminates the itching, inflammation, accelerates the healing. The procedure is performed 1 time per 4-7 days.
- The ultra-sound papules exposed to waves of frequency 800-3000 khz. To achieve an anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiallergenic effect is realized 8-14 session maximum duration of 15 minutes.
- Cryotherapy reduces the itching, activates the metabolism. To stimulate healing of the papules, you need to go for 20-25 procedures 2-3.5 minutes twice a day.
- The magnetic therapy is assigned to all types of disease, but is especially effective for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. Normalizes the activity of the CNS, relieves itching, stimulates regeneration procession of the skin. The duration of treatment is 10-12 sessions of 10 minutes.
- The laser therapy is painless method, which involves the irradiation of papules laser, which promotes rapid healing. The number and the duration of the procedures, the doctor identifies you individually.
- The bath of sea salt to deny the symptoms of the disease, improve the condition of the skin. To prepare need water 37-37°C, in each liter of which dissolved 5 g of salt. Take 15 to 20 consecutive days of 15 to 20 minutes.
Many that he healed the psoriasis totally, going full course spa treatment. It assumes the procedure with the application of mineral waters, mud, oil and other methods.