The psoriasis suffer from around 4% of the world population. It can develop at any age, from birth until old age, but the most psoriasis "likes" of young people. This is evidenced by the fact that 70% of patients, psoriasis patients, under the age of 20 years.
If the skin appeared skin rashes, resembling psoriasis you should consult a dermatologist. Psoriatic rashes represent a peel itchy plaques of different sizes. When you do this, the catch plate when the psoriasis can be located on the elbows, knees, scalp or other parts of the body.
The causes of psoriasis
Psoriasis is an abnormal reaction of the organism to external stimuli, in which in distinct areas of the body the top layer of the skin wilt much faster than normal. If, in general, the cycle of division and maturation of cells of the skin occurs in 3-4 weeks, when the psoriasis, the process occurs in just 4 or 5 days.
Currently, the psoriasis considered a genetic disease: the basis of disease is not a, but a complex set of causes immune shifts, metabolic, attendant of endocrinology and neurological disorders. One can say with certainty: the psoriasis not infectious, and, therefore, is not a contagious disease.
The cause of psoriasis is still not completely found. On this point, there are several theories.
According to one of the theories, there are two types of psoriasis:
- Psoriasis type I is called diseases of the inheritance of failures of the immune system. This form of psoriasis suffer around 65% of people, being that the disease manifests at a young age, from 18 to 25 years.
- Psoriasis type II manifests in people older than 40 years. With this type of psoriasis is not hereditary and is not related to the faults in the cells of the immune system. In addition, in contrast with psoriasis type I, that you prefer the skin, psoriasis II is the type that most affects the nails and joints.
According to another theory, the cause of psoriasis are solely from the violation of the immunity caused by several factors: it can be stress or infectious diseases, or cold climate, or poor nutrition. For example, it was observed that the alcohol can cause the worsening of psoriasis — this applies especially to beer, champagne, strong alcohol drinks. The use of products that contain vinegar, pepper, chocolate, and also aggravates the course of the disease and can cause exacerbation of psoriasis. According to this theory, psoriasis is a systemic disease. This means that, when serious irregularities in the functioning of the immune system, the process can spread to other organs and tissues, for example, about the joints. As a result, may develop psoriatic arthritis, which is characterized by a defeat small joints of the hands and feet.
The symptoms of psoriasis
The symptoms of psoriasis are inflamed, peeling patches of red color, accompanied by intense itching. These patches most often placed on the skin of the scalp, knees, and joints of the elbow, in the lower part of the back and in the locations of skin folds. About a quarter of patients affected by nail.
Depending on the seasonality of recurrence (worsening of disease) distinguish three types of psoriasis: winter, summer, uncertain. It occurs more frequently in the winter type of psoriasis.
In the period of exacerbation of the manifestation of psoriasis on the hands, on the lap, on the head, and also in the lower part of the back and in the locations of skin folds act in the form of plates, of a reddish colour. Their dimensions vary from a pinhead to large areas the size of a palm of the hand, and more.
The rash is usually accompanied by the bark and excruciating itching. In the process of peeling of the surface flakes are easily removed, are more dense, localized in depth (hence the second name of psoriasis — flake ringworm). Sometimes, in the field of affected areas of the skin cracks and abscesses.
For progressive psoriasis is typical of the development of psoriatic plaques at sites of injury or scratches on the skin.
About a quarter of patients affected by nail. If you have maps of the deepening and stains nails vinyl. In addition, the nails can become thick and strong.
During the summer, under the influence of the sun, in the patients of winter, in the form of psoriasis, the symptoms decrease and sometimes disappear. Sick of the summer form of psoriasis, on the contrary, it is recommended to avoid exposure to the sun, as it aggravates the disease.
The diagnosis of psoriasis
Diagnose psoriasis is a dermatologist. It needs to go when eruptions on the skin similar to psoriatic arthritis — plates of different sizes, red, itchy and peeling. To refine the diagnosis may require a biopsy of the skin.
The treatment of psoriasis
If the doctor revealed psoriasis in the initial phase, it is very possible that you will be assigned primarily preventive and not treatment.
When significant manifestations of the disease use the following methods of treatment of psoriasis:
- cryotherapy — a method of cold impact;
- plasmapheresis - blood purification,
- therapy by ultraviolet light — the treatment consists in procedures of short duration, similar with the use of the solarium. For a greater effectiveness of the treatment for psoriasis this method is often combined with the acquisition of special medications PUVA therapy).
In any case, do not try to alone involve the treatment of psoriasis ultraviolet without the doctor's recommendation. When the psoriasis is a small dose of ultraviolet radiation are medical, and high — on the contrary, can develop the disease.
Unfortunately, until now, no one knows how to cure psoriasis completely, because the body preserves the memory" about the disease in the form biochemical, immunological and functional changes. Relapse psoriasis can occur at any time, therefore, patients with this diagnosis should be constantly observed by a dermatologist.
What you can and what is not possible when the psoriasis
Success in the treatment of psoriasis, which depends on the compliance of dietary so that it should be physiologically, full-fledged, energy value, fat content and carbohydrates.
The treatment of psoriasis a long and complex process, the important moments that are the experience of treatment, observation, extended care and the correct choice of methods and tools for therapy. One should always remember that the most important thing in the treatment of this disease is unpredictable — does not cause damage. In many respects, the treatment of psoriasis depends on the patient himself.
Make sure that it is actually the psoriasis (if precipitation appeared for the first time). Think about what the circumstances and the events precede the onset of rash. This can be a stressful situation, any intoxication — officinalis, alcohol, food and Dr, long period of cooling, infectious diseases and vaccination, skin trauma (including chemical permanent hair coloring), and so d. Later, the possibility of eliminating the influence of these factors in your body.
- The hurt. Don't let transition acute infectious to chronic diseases.
- Drinking, smoking. Remember that alcohol and Smoking, often complicate the treatment of psoriasis and cause aggravation.
- "To be". Popular recently, the "cleaning" of the body can also act as factors stimulating. It's not worth engaging and fasting.
- Abuse of purchase. Many patients will go to the sea, to get rid of the disease from swimming in the sea and taking a sun bath, but soon to make sure that the disease again progresses, and comes with a new force, once more feeling the sun's harmful works for the patient, it "directs" the psoriasis even more deeply in the body, and after some time, the contrary takes place, therefore, accept the sea and the sun, the best after autumn-winter treatment, and prevention for the summer.
- There is everything. Success in the treatment of psoriasis, which depends on the compliance of dietary so that, when this condition must be physiologically by operation of law, energy value, fat content and carbohydrates. You should eliminate the consumption of citrus fruits, chocolate, eggs, honey, milk and products that contain red pigment (tomatoes, peppers, strawberry, and Dr). After the disappearance of the plates, in the period of remission, do not abuse these products, preference drastically limit the sweet, the spicy and fatty foods, smoked, sweet.
The possibility to exclude foods that cause allergic reactions. Dishes eat boiled, baked, sautã © ed.
Success in the treatment of psoriasis depends largely on exception tasty dishes, spices and flavors, vegetables, condiments (mustard, mayonnaise, and Dr.), smoked products, drinks, meat, fish and mushroom broths and sauces. Significantly reduce the consumption of salt.
When intensive progression of the process are necessary valves, discharge days and the limitation accentuated the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Reduce to a minimum the consumption of saharosodergasia products.
The treatment of psoriasis is usually a management solution and is carried out taking into account the many factors that can contribute to the development or worsening of the disease, as well as the compliance with certain rules of supply.
- The polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). Special attention should be given to the consumption of vegetable oils that include polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). Entry of PUFA in sufficient quantities is very important when psoriasis, as they form in the body of biologically active substances, have an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic action, positive effect on the state of the skin (as well as enter in the composition of cell membranes and walls of blood vessels, regulate the metabolism (in particular, the metabolism of fat in the liver, the exchange of a number of vitamins).
- The fiber. Present in this group of patients is a necessity periodically to maintain the cleansing function of the liver and its participation in the metabolism of lipids. It is of great importance of regular bowel movements. The tendency to constipation in the diet include foods with a high content of dietary fiber and dishes with "laxative" to share (salads with olive oil, vinaigrette and Dr). In addition, the dietary fibers have other important attributes: they affect the metabolism, support the body's balance of minerals. The diet should be enriched products, normalize the metabolism of lipids (buckwheat porridge, cottage cheese and Dr).
- Vitamins. The treatment of psoriasis flows better, when attention is given to the entry in the body of vitamins belonging to the group of antioxidants, which are compatible with the health of the skin and nails. They help to neutralize free radicals, causing damage to the skin, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, are important for the synthesis of collagen and elastin (the constituent parts of the connective tissue). The complex of b vitamins, involved in all cellular processes, it also helps to keep the skin in a healthy state. In addition, the b complex vitamins have a beneficial effect on the state of the nervous system, which is important in this disease. Typical for psoriasis is reinforced the reproduction of skin cells and their incomplete maturation. Discovered that the cells of the top layer of the skin (keratinocytes) have a high sensitivity to vitamin In. currently, The practice of medicine with success use prescription drugs with vitamin a On the which, by acting through receptors in keratinocytes, leading to increased differentiation and, thus, to try to normalize the development of the epidermis.
When composing the diet is important to remember about the inclusion in the diet of foods rich in vitamins: F (vegetable oils), With (rosehip, red pepper, currant), And beta-carotene (liver, butter, sweet pepper), (fish products), (liver, meat, grain buckwheat), as well as vitamin P (currant).
- The calcium. The diet needs to be enriched in the products — sources of calcium (cottage cheese, milk products, and Dr.), providers of anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic action.
- The zinc. When psoriasis it is important to consider the entry of food and zinc, which depends on the production of the protein necessary for wound healing, enhance immunity and antioxidant protection.
Psoriasis: helpful tips for the patients
The clothing can, in some measure, to exert pressure on the skin, which can cause the appearance of new rashes, so choose easy, spacious, cotton.
- Whenever possible take a bath — give preference to the soul, but it was less drying to the skin. If you still decide to take a shower, do not stay in the same. The water should not be hot.
- During the rinsing do not stretch the skin — use a soft sponge or cotton cloth. Avoid the rigid application before purchase.
- Use pH-neutral soap or shower gel (months). Do not touch firm soap for the skin.
- Clean the skin with a towel gently, gently erase. Do not remove the very Horny flakes.
- After the bath, apply on the skin softening tool. Dry, cracking skin reduces the effectiveness of the treatment, but also more and more itches.
- Briefly bad nails — this will help the less injure the skin and, if there is a desire overwhelming to scratch. Try to protect the skin against cuts and damage, because they can cause the appearance of new rashes psoriasis.
- In the treatment of psoriasis, with the process location, the hands should wear cotton gloves after applying the medicine, to avoid falling into the eye.
- The clothing can, in some measure, to exert pressure on the skin, which can cause the appearance of new rashes, so choose easy, spacious, cotton. Clothes of lightweight fabrics and mixed colours, will help cover to fit in the clothes of flakes.
- The air conditioning can dry out your skin, and after that, you can occur the deterioration of the state. The possibility of limiting the time that passes in conditions of air conditioning.
- Although the sun's rays and act positively in many patients, try not to "burn out", the sun. Talk with your doctor about the best way of reception of sunbathing.
- Try to lead a healthy life, prevent the abuse of alcohol and minimize the stress of the situation.
- In the winter, the time simply: to moisturize the air inside the home, as at work and at home.