Psoriasis of the nails (psoriatic onihodistrofiya) is a chronic form of skin conditions. It happens that the defeat card begins long before the advent of the tabula informibus itching by the body. The pathology may occur as an independent disease. Let's look in more detail what is psoriatic onihodistrofiya and how it is treated.
The causes of psoriasis of the nails
Trigger the psoriasis in the nails, are able to:
- There must be an inheritance for the propensity to the disease. The predisposition to pathology can be placed at the gene level
- A failure in the immune system of the body. The consequence of the interruption of the normal operation of the protection forces.
Psoriasis – autoimmune disease, that is, the reason for itching of the skin lies in the negative perception of the immunity of the cells of the epidermis. This makes that significantly increases the growth and division of cells defective horny scales nails.
In addition to the main causes of the pathology, there are a multitude of factors stimulating development of psoriatic onychodystrophy:
- infectious diseases;
- the human papilloma virus;
- HIV infection;
- a sudden change of the weather;
- dry, the cold, the lack of uv rays;
- the damage to the nail plates;
- the prolonged intake of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal group, beta-blockers, and medications to normalize blood pressure;
- frequent stress, crises, nervous and very emotional surge.
All of this weakens the immune system and causes your negative reaction, in an aggressive way as the perception of their own cells of the epidermis and nail plates.
Types and their symptoms
Psoriasis of the nails has a rich clinical picture. Depending on the characteristics of manifestation there are some of the main types of injuries.
The syndrome of thimbles
The appearance of dimples, which spread over the entire surface of the nail in the form of points, is the phrase often in the form of nail psoriasis. Characteristic of a deepening appear in a chaotic order, their size, and the number may be different. Contrary to this type of other forms that has struck the nail with the mind resembles a thimble, hence the name.
Nail plate gradually separates herself from her bed, with inflammation and pain does not. You will receive the pink frame around the affected area. Onycholysis partially capable of harming the nail or spread over the entire surface.
Depending on how the nail is separated from the soft tissues, psoriasis of the type that happens:
A distinctive feature of the onycholysis' – a contour around the lesion of the nail and painless for the detachment of the card. Initially, the man does not give importance to this phenomenon, which leads to a worsening of the symptoms.
The reason onychomadesis acts significant violation of the growth of the nail, which causes rapid rejection plate of the soft tissue. This type of disease difficult to treat and up to the end does not resolve the problem.
During the development of psoriasis in the nails, occurs the bleeding under the plate, which manifests itself in two ways:
- the formation of patches of red or rose hue, which manifest themselves through the nails, forming the shape errors, they are called "oil stains" or psoriatic erythema;
- through the thickness of the horny layer become manifest point or longitudinal of the track saturated red color, that with time it will darken.
Subungual hemorrhage are formed due to the destruction of the capillaries that are under an attack of blood, breaks up into pieces.
In this form of the nails and the psoriasis manifests itself more bright. The plate becomes thickened, and with long folded up – it develops cochleari clavum. There are more signs – the surface of the nail becomes rough, coarse, appear well-marked irregularities.
Trachyonychia. also manifests itself as in the arms and legs, significantly distorts the aesthetic appearance of the nails, making them cochleari informibus. Subungual tissue more often than not traumatized, but there are cases in which develops hyperkeratosis.
When psoriasis generalized pustular type can be observed a significant seal and layers of the horny layer (onycha), which, with time, leads to destruction, and to the boards of the bed. The nail is very collapse, increases in size.
When psoriasis of the nails in any way that suffer the most from the nails on the toes of the feet, they are covered with the large grooves, multiple cutouts, multiple stripes, sometimes smells bad. There are cases where such manifestations, and in the hands, but with much less frequency.
The photo depicts the look of all the possible forms of nail bed psoriasis on the fingers of the hands and feet.
Stage of the nail psoriasis of the insert
In the development of psoriasis of the nails goes through several stages, that are specific to signals.
- The initial phase. The nail begins to gradually thicken. The plate covered with thin stripes, spots, recesses, which resemble a grid.
- The phase of deformation of the nail plate. Occurs thickening of the horny layer, change its color (grey, brown, yellow), the emergence of blood points, and the dash under the nail. Are observed in the purulent secretion under inflammation and thickening of the cuticle.
- Started the stage. The nail in the fingers of the hands or feet a lot away from your bed, the skin around the victim's space, inflamed and covered with boards, nails, and cushion was had in abomination. Everything can still participate in a bacterial or fungal infection.
Signs of nail bed psoriasis always evident according to the stage of leaking, so the dermatologist can identify the disease the external condition of the nail and the skin around it.
Psoriasis do not fully recover, and only translates in remission. The disease tends to recur, each time appear more heavy. If the cutaneous pathology is not treated, it will lead to dangerous consequences.
Any form of psoriasis affects the state of the cardiovascular system, which can eventually lead to myocardial infarction. Such dermatoses worsens during atherosclerosis and inflammatory processes in the body.
Serious consequences for psoriasis threat of emotional-psychological to human health. Crisis nerve, depression and alcohol abuse, frequent companions of psoriasis patients. A total of such disorders can be diabetes, heart disease, cancer of any location, the rise in attendant chronic pathologies.
In addition to the distortion of the nail plate heavy, the disease can lead to denial of the violation, in general, the state of the person:
- the jump of temperature of the body;
- failures under normal conditions of assimilation of folic acid;
- the weakness and constant fatigue.
The diagnosis of psoriasis of the nails
Most commonly, the disease can be diagnosed on the appearance of the nails and skin around them. To confirm the diagnosis lead to scraping with the affected area (catch plate, the cuticle).
In addition to the analyses, the dermatologist performs the differentiation differences of psoriasis of the onichi and paronychia' fungal, and infectious character. For this, the expert analyses the state of the nail with the goal of identifying the main symptoms is psoriatic onychodystrophy.
The doctors and physicians comparison of clinical manifestations of psoriasis and the lesions of candidiasis, exploring, leaving the pus, the character of location of the disease on the nails of the hands and feet.
Only after analyzing all the possible signs, and excluding similar symptoms of the disease, the dermatologist climb to the appointment of therapy.
Methods of treatment at home
Struggling with psoriasis of the nails need to in a comprehensive way, applying not only to a combination of drugs from the traditional medicine, but and home remedies.
The drug treatment of nail bed psoriasis
The therapy psoriatic onychodystrophy starts from a place of medicines, which are intended to eliminate the symptoms and manifestations of the disease. The initial phase as well treatable special polishes, that slow or stop the development onychodystrophy. At the same periungual phalanx, it is advisable to treat moisturizing shower gel. Medicines of external use, it is recommended to zoom in vitamins and immunomodulators. In the case of a weak effect of local medicines, doctors prescribe medications systemic (injections, tablets).
The treatment can pass in the house, but attaches exclusively to the physician, as many drugs have contraindications and is able to damage human health.
Therapy folk media
What to do if traditional medicine does not produce the desired effect or improvement comes very slowly? In this case, you can resort to folk medicine. There are many good recipes that help to strengthen the therapeutic action greece medicines and achieve remission.
- The therapeutic bath. To prepare you need 30 g of bay leaves and 2 litres of boiling water. The grass you put in hot water and boil on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, then let cool to 37-40 degrees. At the end of cooking place the hands (feet) for 15-20 minutes. Water treatments, you can do every day during 1-2 months.
- Soda compresses. In a glass of warm water, dissolve 2 h. l. of sodium. Moistened in a solution of a disk and attach it to knock nails in about 15-20 minutes. The course of treatment is 10 to 12 sessions (half-day).
- Medicinal gadgets. In 0.5 litre of warm water mix the corn and oat flour (1 St. l.). Homogeneous porridge apply to traumatized places in half an hour. The therapy lasts up that will not be visible improvements.
Lotions with cornmeal to improve the state of the nails
After the procedures of nails in need of care to deal with the end of allowing medicinal substances deep in the dead-plate. To do this, you can use the caliper and nulohky.
With the help of remedies it is possible for a time to forget not only onychodystrophy, but also for psoriasis in general. Important, before you start the alternative treatment consult your doctor.
The treatment of psoriasis of the fingernails of the children
Psoriatic onihodistrofiya the child manifests more pronounced, and is more heavy, so when it is suspected from the symptoms, you should start therapy.
The first thing that you need to pay attention to is the power. The diet should exclude:
You need to refrain from the consumption of fruits and vegetables with red pigments (tomatoes, strawberry, cherry).
With the help of anti-histamines can resolve strong itching. In addition to these tools, the doctor prescribes medicines to improve the function of body protection.
In addition to medical treatment methods to fight psoriasis of the nails as well help holiday on the Black sea coast. Children with such dermatolthe OIGhaskim of the disease, it is recommended to bring in a sanitarium at least once per year.
How to distinguish a fungus is psoriasis?
Sometimes, people confuse psoriatichEskie defeat nails with fungal infection (onychomycosis). In addition, many the question is, you can get ungual psoriasis? Definitely not. There are several key signs that help distinguish psoriasis of the fungus.
- Nail plate, under the influence of onychodystrophy fully yellow, and the fungus causes dark spots on the whole surface.
- Non-communicable diseases pathology causes the detachment of the nail from the shop, and the fungus only deforms the horny layer.
- Onychomycosis in the legs always causes the bad smell, which is missing the nail psoriasis.
- The fungus attacks certain areas. On the feet is the first, and five finger. Develops, predominantly, between FAlthe ang and fired intertrigo, the increase of sweatlIwoStd, the violation of hygiene. While psoriatichEskie defeat of the nail it may arise from any injury.
- Onychomycosis develops after contact with an infected person, their clothing, pets. Factors of the occurrence of the nail bed psoriasis are migrated infectious or viral diseases, strong stress, alcohol abuse.
To accurately determine the disease is able to dermatologist after review and necessary research.
For the treatment of nail bed psoriasis always consult your dermatologist
Psoriatic onihodistrofiya, such as psoriasis, in general, it is not possible to cure, but to translate in a state of remission is very real. To prolong the periods of calm pathology, you need to follow the prevention measures.
To begin, we recommend that you follow a special diet. The diet is desirable to eliminate the allergens (citrus fruits, eggs, milk). Do not consume fatty, fried, salted, smoked, flour products.
It is necessary to follow carefully the fingers of the hands and feet, to follow the rules of hygiene, avoid contact with aggressive media and prevent injuries.
The timely treatment of infectious diseases also helps prevent undesirable manifestations of psoriasis.
The defeat of the nail plate, with the exfoliation of the shop is one of the forms of psoriasis. The disease has a glossy symptoms, therefore, should not remain without attention. The execution of a difficult phase treatable and lead to dangerous consequences. That is why it is important to take measures to eliminate the bad manifestations.