Psoriasis is known, is a skin disease of chronic character, which has accompanied the appearance of red patches with silver-white flakes. According to statistics, the disease suffers from around 3 per cent of the people of the entire population of the planet.
The main symptoms of psoriasis characterize the emergence of rashes on the skin: nodules that are bright pink, covered in silvery scales. Elements of acne may merge in various configurations, resembling a geographic map. Accompanied by itching moderate.
Usually, the disease affects the skin on the head, the elbow and knee joints, in the lower part of the back. It is also known as psoriasis of the nails, external genital organs and joints, however, these forms occur with much less frequency, in comparison with other skin lesions.
The disease can develop at any age, but it is more likely that the psoriasis affects people from a young age. In this article, we will explain everything about psoriasis — symptoms, treatment, diet and home remedies that can help treat the disease at home.
The causes of psoriasis
Cause of psoriasis is unknown, but cause the disease can immune changes in the body (an assault), neurological disorders, disorders metabolic. Contribute to the emergence of psoriasis, the inheritance, the reduction of immunity after the illness, the stress.
One of the main theories for the occurrence of psoriasis is a hypothesis about the so-called genetic factor. As a general rule, the psoriasis in children up to 10 years is exactly the way hereditary disease in the family has a crumb, it is almost always possible to find a relative that suffers from the same disease. But if the psoriasis is manifested reach adult age, the doctors suggest that the disease has a different nature of bacterial origin or viral.The factors that contribute to the development of psoriasis:
- hereditary predisposition;
- the thin, dry skin;
- external irritants;
- excess free;
- bad habits;
- taking certain medicines can cause the disease (beta-blockers, antidepressants, anticonvulsants (fungi and staphylococci);
- the stress.
The international day of psoriasis (World Psoriasis Day) is celebrated annually on 29 October, under патронатом International federation of associations of psoriasis (IFPA). For the first time, this day was celebrated in the year 2004. It is contagious and if psoriasis?
Numerous studies have confirmed that psoriasis is not contagious. The presence of several family members of psoriasis patients, explains the possible hereditary (genetic) transmission of the disease.Development phase
Three main stages of development of psoriasis:
- Progressing — appearing new skin rash, the patient concerned with intense itching.
- Fixed the appearance of new eruptions stop, the already existing start to heal.
- Regressiruyushayf — around outbreaks are formed psevdoatroficheskie headbands, in the center of large plaques are visible, areas of healthy skin; the truth about the disease-like hyperpigmentation at the site of the affected areas of darker skin, which is healthy, color.
Also psoriasis is usually classified according to the degree of severity-mild (loss of less than 3% of the surface of the skin), moderate (loss of 3 to 10 percent of the surface of the skin) and heavy (with the participation of more than 10 percent of the surface of the skin). The defeat of the joints is considered as a severe form of psoriasis, regardless of square of skin lesions.The first signs
We recommend that you contact your doctor immediately if the occurrence of the following symptoms:
- Red bulging of the point (plate), covered dry white or silvery scales.
- The spots usually appear on the elbows and knees, however, the irritation can be in any part of the body: skin, head, hands, nails, and face.
- Deformed nails;
- Strong exfoliate the dead skin cells (think dandruff);
- Blisters on the palms of the hands and feet, pain cracks in the skin.
Psoriasis is a systemic disease that reaches not only the skin and the nails. From it suffer from the joints, tendons, and spine, immune, nervous and эндокринная of the system. Are often amazed with the kidney, liver, thyroid. The patient feels a strong weakness, suffers from chronic fatigue and depression. In connection with a complex activity on the body, the disease in recent years, it is called psoriaticheskoy disease.
Psoriasis and its symptoms are characterized by homogeneous rash in the form of plates with a diameter of 1 to 3 mm to 2-3 cm, pink-red, covered with seated scales silver-white. In the result of a limit of growth items can be fused together into boards of varying sizes and forms, sometimes occupying extensive areas of the skin. The plates are usually placed on the skin razgibatelnoy surface of the members, especially in the area of elbow and knee joints, the trunk and the scalp.
- Blyashkovidnyi psoriasis, or ordinary psoriasis, psoriasis vulgaris, simple psoriasis (psoriasis vulgaris) (L40.0) is the most common form of psoriasis. It is observed in 80 % to 90 % of all psoriasis patients. Blyashkovidnyi psoriasis vulgaris most often manifests itself in the form of a typical over the surface of a healthy skin parcels inflamed, red, hot skin, covered in grey or silver, white, scaly, dry and thickened skin. Red leather under easily removed grey or silver layer is easily injured and bleeds, as it contains a large number of small vessels. These spots typical of injury psoriatic arthritis are called psoriaticheskimi plates.Psoriaticheskie plate have the tendency to increase in size, merging with the neighboring plate, forming entire plate label ("wax lake").
- Psoriasis sgibatelnyh surfaces (flexural psoriasis), or "inverse psoriasis" (inverse psoriasis) (L40.83-4) usually appears as flat or with a minimum of shell, not, especially, projecting about the surface of the skin red inflamed patches, establishing it exclusively in the folds of the skin, in the absence or minimal defeat other parts of the skin. Most often, this form of psoriasis affects the folds in the area of the genitalia, groin, inner thighs, underarms, folds under increased in obese belly (psoriatic arthritis pannus and skin folds under milk by the glands of women. This form of psoriasis is particularly vulnerable to deterioration under the influence of the friction and injuries of the skin and of the allocation of sweat, and is often accompanied or complicated secondary to fungal infection or streptokokkovoy piodermiey.
- The guttate psoriasis (guttate psoriasis) (L40.4) is characterized by the presence of a large number of small, dry, red or purple (the colour purple), similar to the shape of a tear drop or a small dot, the circles of items of destruction. These Psoriaticheskie elements are usually usipayut a large surface of the skin, most commonly the thighs, but can also occur in the arms, shoulders, scalp, back, neck. Guttate psoriasis, often for the first time, develops or worsen after the streptokokkovoy infection, in ordinary cases, after streptokokkovoy angina or streptokokkovogo faringita.
- Pustulyozniy psoriasis (L40.1-3, L40.82) or экссудативный psoriasis is more severe skin forms of psoriasis and it appears that rise above the surface of the healthy skin bubbles or bubbles filled with a transparent inflammatory akssudatom (pustules). The skin below and above the surface пустул and around them red, hot, воспаленная and утолщенная, easy to exfoliate. Can occur secondary infections пустул, in this case, the exudate acquires a purulent nature. Pustulyozniy psoriasis can be limited, localized, with the most frequent location are the extremities of the limbs (arms and legs), that is, of the legs and arms, this is called palmoplantarniy pustulyoz (palmo-plantar pustulosis). In other, more severe cases of Pustulyozniy psoriasis can be worrying, with the wide dissemination of the пустул on the whole surface of the body and the tendency for their fusion of large pustules.
- Psoriasis of the nails, or psoriaticheskaya onihodisrtofiya (L40.86) leads to a variety of changes in the appearance of nails on fingers of hands or feet. These changes may include any combination of color changes of the nails and the nail bed , the appearance of your nails and the nail points, spots, thickening of the skin underneath the nails of the hands and around the nail bed, delamination and thickening of the nail, the total loss of the nail (oniholizis) or the development of increased fragility of the nails.
- Psoriatic arthritis (L40.5), or psoriaticheskaya artropatiya, artropatichskyi psoriasis is accompanied by inflammation of the joints and connective tissue. Psoriatic arthritis can affect all joints, but most often the small joints in the distal фаланг fingers of the hands and/or feet. It is the typical cases, causing swelling of the fingers of the hands and feet, known as psoriatic daktilit. Psoriatic arthritis can also hurt tazobedrenye, knee joints,plechelopatyi articulation, the joints, the bones of the spine (ankylosing psoriatic arthritis). Sometimes psoriatic arthritis of the knee or hip joints and, especially, ankylosing psoriatic arthritis is so severe, which leads to a severe impairment, the patient, inability to move without special devices. The lethality when these are more severe forms of psoriatic arthritis increases, as well as the immobilization of the patient in the bed contributes to the occurrence of pressure ulcers and pneumonia. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of psoriasis patients also suffer псориатическим arthritis.
- psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya (L40.85), or aritrodermicheskyi psoriasis manifests the common, often troubling the inflammation, and the bark, otsloykoy of the skin in whole or in large part of the surface of the skin. Psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya may be accompanied by intense pruritus, swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue,contributes to the pain of the skin.psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya is often the result of a worsening of the psoriasis vulgaris when your unstable long, especially when a sudden cut to the abolition of the treatment system, or local glucocorticoids. Can also occur as a result of the provocation of alcohol, neuro-mental stress, interkurrentnymi infections (particularly colds will). This form of psoriasis can be lethal, because it is extremely strong inflammation and peeling or detachment of the skin and damage the body's ability to regulate body temperature and барьерную the function of the skin, which can be complicated generalized piodermiey or sepsis. However, limited, located psoriaticheskaya aritrodermiya it may even be the first symptom of psoriasis, later, трансформируясь in vulgar blyashkovidnyi psoriasis.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary depending on the season and on the stage. In many patients, he noted, the "winter" type of disease, in which periods of exacerbation at the end of autumn or in winter. During the disease
Psoriasis is a chronic disease, usually have волнообразным current, with periods of spontaneous or caused by these or other medicinal impacts remissiy or improvements and periods of spontaneous or provoked by external causes (alcohol consumption, interkurrentnye infection, stress) of recurrence or exacerbation.
The degree of severity of the disease may vary in different patients, and even in the same patient during periods of remission and exacerbation in a very wide range, from small local lesions up to a total of cover the whole body psoriaticheskimi plates.
Many times there is a tendency to progression of the disease over time (especially when the absence of treatment), the make and the awakening of exacerbations, the increase of the square of defeat, and the engagement of new areas of skin. That some patients can experience a continuous flow, a disease without spontaneous remissiy , or even a continuous progression. Often, also, they are surprised with the nails in the hands and/or feet (psoriaticheskaya onihodisrtofiya). The defeat of nails can be isolated, observed in the absence of skin lesions.
Psoriasis can also cause inflammatory defeat of the joints, called psoriaticheskuyu artropatiyu or psoriatic arthritis. 10 to 15% of patients with psoriasis also suffer псориатическим arthritis.